Villa Hallmark has been in the Commercial Furniture Manufacturing business for over 30 years and our team has a combined work experience of over 300 years, making our team true Outliers in our industry. The term Outlier, was popularized by Malcom Gladwell in his best book Outliers, which debuted at number one on the bestseller lists for The New York Times and The Globe and Mail, holding the position on the former for eleven consecutive weeks.
Gladwell repeatedly mentions the “10,000-Hour Rule”, claiming that the key to achieving world-class expertise in any skill, is, to a large extent, a matter of practicing the correct way, for a total of around 10,000 hours.
Gladwell gives several profound examples:
- The Beatles performed live in Hamburg, Germany over 1,200 times from 1960 to 1964, amassing more than 10,000 hours of playing time, therefore meeting the 10,000-Hour Rule, before the beginning of “the British Invasion” in America.
- Bill Gates, had an incredible opportunity to spend over 10,000 hours of coding and writing software starting at the age of 13 through college.
- More than 80% have over 10,000 hours of experience here at Villa Hallmark.
- Our average team member has just over 10 years with our company.
- This depth of experience has fostered an incredible culture of quality work and simultaneously has created a great learning environment for our newest team members.
With over 600,000 hours of bringing custom commercial furniture to life, we look forward to serving you and would love to quote your next project.